Université de Lyon > Education > Office for people with disabilities
Office for people with disabilities
Copyright © Université de Lyon
We are all, by definition, citizens, and a person in a disabling situation is a citizen in their own right, like any other individual. Whatever their disability, each person should have access to the same educational opportunities for his or her own personal and professional fulfillment.
The universities and grandes écoles
in Lyon and Saint-Étienne have decided to adopt a comprehensive approach which aims to make higher education in Lyon and Saint-Étienne accessible in order to encourage respect for differences and the fulfillment of potential in line with the principles of solidarity and sustainable development.
The Disability mission: welcoming all talents to the Université de Lyon
The Disability mission is dedicated to improve and ensure access to the Université de Lyon to all students and staff members with disabilities.
- To advise establishments on the development of disability-related projects and act as an interface between higher education and the outside world i.e. professional environments, associations and all stakeholders working in the field of disability.
- To create a resource center for all higher education partners. In order to do this, the Disability mission is setting up a disability reference center which will support member and associated institutions in developing accessibility of knowledge, higher education and research.
- To promote the institutions and their disability programs internally and externally, by informing the general public about the programs in place to welcome students and staff members with disabilities in the various institutions of the Université de Lyon.
- To train and raise the awareness of higher education stakeholders working in the field of “disabling situations” through their participation in, and contribution to, training and information sessions aimed at higher education establishments. These activities are aimed at both students and staff members.
- To improve services and accessibility to students in disabling situations, provide more information to help them make informed choices regarding their studies, and accompany them towards success, citizenship and employment.
- To meet the legal requirements concerning the employment of people with disabilities as quickly as possible.
- To diagnose and implement general accessibility, in compliance with the French high quality accessibility standards, within the legal deadlines.
Guide for People with Disabilities