Universit de Lyon > Education > Planning your studies

Planning your studies

Practical information and requirements

For exchange students:

  • To be registered in a university that has an agreement with one of our member institutions. Please contact the international office of your university to learn about existing agreements.
  • To be selected by your home university to study in one of our member institutions. Without the agreement of your university, you will not be allowed to come as an exchange student. 
  • To fill the online application form on our member institutions websites. Please visit our member institutions' websites for further information.

For individual students:

  • Students wishing to apply individually for a first or a second year (L1 or L2) have to apply for preliminary admission (DAP, Demande d’Admission Préalable) at the cultural office of the French embassy in your country of residence. The application needs to be filled out online for some countries : see full list on the Campus France website.

    Whether online or on paper, the DAP process begins in January of each year. Students are invited to follow the strict timeline of the process.

    Students coming from the European Union must apply using the Admission Post-Bac online application process (French website). The Admission Post-Bac website is used by French students to apply for universities, after they obtained their Baccalauréat; all French students who wish to enter university have to use the website.

    Students from other countries must apply directly on our member institutions' websites.

  • Students wishing to enroll in third year need to apply online via the Campus France website, the national agency for promoting French higher education abroad. The application process may vary depending on the home country.
  • Students wishing to apply for a Master's degree are invited to contact the coordinators of the courses, whether regarding admission conditions, application forms or scholarships. The list of courses which can be found on member institutions' websites.